Graduate Competencies (GC) consist of GC formulated by the IPB University and GC Aquatic Products Technology Study Program. The GC of the Aquatic Products Technology Study Program consists of the Faculty GC which is formulated for both the Undergraduate Study Program at FPIK and the specific GC for the Aquatic Products Technology Study Program.
The THP study program was formed with the following objectives:
The general learning outcomes (LOs) of study program are presented at url: https://simak.ipb.ac.id/Files/Buku%20Panduan/BukuPanduan2015.pdf whereas the detail of LOs as follows:
1. Have an understanding of the basic principles governing fisheries and marine science.
1.1 Have understanding of the basic principle in natural science, mathematics, statistics, agriculture science, economic and social
sciences (such as sociology, religion, and civics science)
1.2 Have an understanding of principle in fisheries and marine science and be able to apply the knowledge with regard to the
fisheries post harvest, processing and biotechnology, covering the knowledge about fish/ichthyology, oceanography, aquatic
ecology, basic captured fisheries, basic fisheries culture, basic aquatic products technology.
2. Being capable of physic-chemical properties of aquatic resources.
2.1 Being capable to identify problem and determined quality of aquatic product based on biological, physical, and chemical
3. Mastering the knowledge of processing technology and capable of applying it to aquatic industrial production.
3.1 Able to recognize the technique and work safety in the field of the fisheries industry.
3.2 Able to apply various methods for collecting and analysis data on fisheries processing and biotechnology field
4. Mastering the principle of product development and capable to design and formulate aquatic products.
5. Mastering on biotechnology and bioprospecting of aquatic products for food and non-food development
6. Mastering the knowledge of standardization systems and capable of applying quality and safety management systems of
7. Being capable of self-improvement, religious, nationalist, moral responsible, self-confidence; working in a team, and responsible
for the team accomplishment; and communicating effectively both orally and written, have eagerness to keep up with
development of science and technology
7.1 Able to interpret data and draw conclusion to possible problem accordance with its plan
7.2 Able to search of relevant literature and data sources for scientific activities
7.3 Being capable and skilful in communicating verbally and in writing, able to think critically and utilize various resources of
information in problem solving
7.4 having ethics and high integrity, respect the diversity, and have eagerness to keep up with development of science and
7.5 Being capable to lead and organize and have a spirit of entrepreneurship
7.6 Being capable of self-improvement, self-confidence; working in a team, and responsible for the team accomplishment